• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Spring Festival

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What's the place this is shot from, Die katholische Pfarrkirche St. Paul, Michael? Is it an active church or an older place mostly for tourists or evening choirs?

Could you give us a larger view of the massive arena circular place to the right?

Asher

Michael Nagel

What's the place this is shot from, Die katholische Pfarrkirche St. Paul, Michael?
Yes - as you can see from the line I wrote above the photo posted - the link points to the German Wikipedia page.

Is it an active church or an older place mostly for tourists or evening choirs?
It is still active, see the home page here (link found on Wikipedia page).

Could you give us a larger view of the massive arena circular place to the right?
A larger version is available through the flickr page (choose 'All sizes' - 'original size'), direct link here.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

It is still active, see the home page here (link found on Wikipedia page).

Michael,

It's in German and for those who didn't get lessons or learn the language of Beethoven, Goethe or Kant:

"Opening of the tower of St. Paul's Church during the Spring Festival 2013

This year the main tower of St. Paul's Church is the Spring Festival 19.04. till 05.05.2013 on the weekends (Fri-Sun) and on 1 May again opened: . offers from nearly fifty meters offering a magnificent view of the nearby Spring Festival, on the whole of Munich and in good weather even in the Alps . For the climb is requested a donation of € 3 A third of the donation gets the Mission project Eldoret in Kenya (a clinic and a home for children with severe disabilities), one-third the orphans project "Anbu Illam" ("House of Love") in south India and one-third is used for the exterior renovation of the church roof and facade, which began in the fall of 2011 and will cost € 6.3 million. are a special feature with the name of "staircase godfather" painted steps of the tower, which document the donation progress figuratively - yet for 84 of the 252 levels were found sponsors. As 100, - € you can become a sponsor and contribute to the preservation of St. Paul's Church" (Google Translation of Jerome's reference).

This is a 50 meter advantage for taking pictures, but no doubt steep climb for some, if there are no places to rest. I wonder whether it's as steep as 98.6 meter high the Duomo in Venice? Fortunately, the lest athletic can ascend in an elevator! It's very generous for the church to donate 2/3rd of the ticket money for St Pauls to go towards projects in Africa. That's a very modern church indeed!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Michael,

It's in German and for those who didn't get lessons or learn the language of Beethoven, Goethe or Kant:

"Opening of the tower of St. Paul's Church during the Spring Festival 2013

This year the main tower of St. Paul's Church is the Spring Festival 19.04. till 05.05.2013 on the weekends (Fri-Sun) and on 1 May again opened: . offers from nearly fifty meters offering a magnificent view of the nearby Spring Festival, on the whole of Munich and in good weather even in the Alps . For the climb is requested a donation of € 3 A third of the donation gets the Mission project Eldoret in Kenya (a clinic and a home for children with severe disabilities), one-third the orphans project "Anbu Illam" ("House of Love") in south India and one-third is used for the exterior renovation of the church roof and facade, which began in the fall of 2011 and will cost € 6.3 million. are a special feature with the name of "staircase godfather" painted steps of the tower, which document the donation progress figuratively - yet for 84 of the 252 levels were found sponsors. As 100, - € you can become a sponsor and contribute to the preservation of St. Paul's Church" (Google Translation of Jerome's reference).

This is a 50 meter advantage for taking pictures, but no doubt steep climb for some, if there are no places to rest. I wonder whether it's as steep as 98.6 meter high the Duomo in Venice? Fortunately, the lest athletic can ascend in an elevator! It's very generous for the church to donate 2/3rd of the ticket money for St Pauls to go towards projects in Africa. That's a very modern church indeed!

Asher
Well - the german version of the google translated text was also on the page linked within the text you cited from me above...

It is a popular place - the climb is not that steep and the stairs are pretty wide for a church (at least compared to St. Peter in Munich).

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

I'm a safari user, but now I have google set to translate automatically. Before I was just getting only the German version and I blush to admit my need for a dictionary!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,

usually I do look for an english version, but this is not always possible. Please mind that many of the forum members don't have english as first language and maybe you see the amount of things that get lost through the translation. It is always good to try at least to learn the language,

With the availability of on-line translation tools coupled with a search engine (google was not first - do you remember babelfish from Altavista?) the access to information only available in other langiuages becomes less of an issue.

Best regards,
Michael