• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mill on the Fraser - Edited with ON1

Kevin Gagel

Here is an image I took January 1st, 2018 using my Nikon D90 and 10 stop filter for the long exposure. Conditions were less than desirable at -15 degrees celius and trees blocking part of the view. I didn't have time to reposition as the cloud cover had only just opened up and by the time I relocated I would have lost the sun. I was hoping for a bright sunny day and some wind changes to get a different look on the smoke.

I did all of the prosessing in ON1 Photo Raw 2018 and it took me only about 30 minutes. The "RAW Export" jpeg is a straight out of the camera export from raw to jpg without any changes.

38584542655_e3fe853fd4_k.jpg

The B&W is the one I was working towards.

38584551665_be6bec8629_k.jpg

I find the "perfect erase" tool realy easy to use. It removed the road sign at the bottom of the image very nicely. I used it to remove the dust specs as well.

Note: I can't seem to make the IMG tag work with the images so I've added the links to the images.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I like the B&W result!

I must admit that the On1 filter made a better B&W than I did from your orignal colored version using Photoshop CC Image-Convert to B&W option.

I will try the filters myself!

Thanks for the tip!

Asher

Kevin Gagel

Asher,

If/when you try it out, use the "Effects" module's black & white filter. It gives you greater control over the affect.

I like the B&W result!
---snip---
I must admit that the On1 filter made a better B&W than I did from your orignal colored version using Photoshop CC Image-Convert to B&W option.

I will try the filters myself!

Thanks for the tip!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Kevin,

Here is an image I took January 1st, 2018 using my Nikon D90 and 10 stop filter for the long exposure. Conditions were less than desirable at -15 degrees celius and trees blocking part of the view. I didn't have time to reposition as the cloud cover had only just opened up and by the time I relocated I would have lost the sun. I was hoping for a bright sunny day and some wind changes to get a different look on the smoke.

I did all of the prosessing in ON1 Photo Raw 2018 and it took me only about 30 minutes. The "RAW Export" jpeg is a straight out of the camera export from raw to jpg without any changes.

38584542655_e3fe853fd4_k.jpg

The B&W is the one I was working towards.

I find the "perfect erase" tool realy easy to use. It removed the road sign at the bottom of the image very nicely. I used it to remove the dust specs as well.

Note: I can't seem to make the IMG tag work with the images so I've added the links to the images.

Lovely work. Thanks.

I just downloaded and installed the ON1 free version (10.5.2). Do you know if it has the "perfect erase" tool, and if so, where might it be located?

Thanks so much.

Best regards,

Doug