• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Getty Sunset!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We were enjoying the late sunset at the top of the Getty Center above the 405 Freeway in Los Angeles, and were spellbound by the ritual of so many folk enjoying the rapidly changing magic. Five sunset pictures were offered to me by a child for me to stitch to a panorama.

_0070742_LEV_PANO-Recovered copy 2.jpg

Asher Kelman: Getty Sunset Fusion #1

Credit to child who took the pictures.

Stitched manually in Photoshop CC 2018

Topaz Simplify layer combined with original

Enjoy,

Asher

Last edited:

James Lemon

We were enjoying the late sunset at the top of the Getty Center above the 405 Freeway in Los Angeles, and were spellbound by the ritual of so many folk enjoying the rapidly changing magic. Five sunset pictures were offered to me by a child for me to stitch to a panorama.

Enjoy,

Asher

It looks more like a raging fire than a sunset.

Asher Kelman

The idea of the panorama is to represent what was the feelings and reaction of the child. That was that the entire sky was on fire!

So first we lined up the images.

_0070742_LEV_PANO Original.jpg

Asher Kelman: Getty Sunset images assembled

Then we filled in the blank sky and made the junctions between the separate images disappear. Mostly with the "Content Aware" fill.

_0070742_LEV_PANO_Orignal filled in.jpg

Asher Kelman: Getty Sunset Filled in

Finally this was processed through Topaz filters to simplify the pattern and intensify the effects.

Asher Kelman

I must say I appreciate the challenge by a child that made me push myself into unchartered territory. I recommend the trial. It might be beneficial ascone hasctovexit one's comfort zone and process new ideas creatively.

Asher

My first thought was that the hills were on fire, as in fact they were a few weeks earlier. The smoke from all the brush fires makes for lovely sunsets, anyway.

Asher Kelman

Thanks for the visit, Kirk!

I hope your children challenge you with babysitting too!

.....but that is doen the line!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Interesting technique that results in what looks like an abstract painting.

Yes, that's the idea. When you are taking grandchildren with you, you have to land the plane. I promised them something fantastic from their work and simply had to deliver!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Truly spectacular. Grandchildren make so many things spectacular.

Thanks Bill.

I saw the title, “Getty Sunset” and figures you were in town and we’re sharing your pictures!

I thought, thet’s great, perhaps he’s still here and we can meet.

Then such a nice surprise that you had discovered this 2017 picture and reminded me of the fabulousness of kids.......and sunsets!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Glad they made grandpa work! Sky fire!
But were you also using the keypad concurrently?

I must say I appreciate the challenge by a child that made me push myself into unchartered territory. I recommend the trial. It might be beneficial ascone hasctovexit one's comfort zone and process new ideas creatively.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Yes, one does have to exitonescomfortzone, Fahim!

...and one can do far more than one might imagine, when challenged!

Asher