• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Tiny Orchid

Peter Dexter

The fuzzy flower here measures only three millimeters across. I believe it is a Stelis species.

41013964271_f74b85812b_b.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Dexter

No not a cultivar. This is a wild orchid I found in the woods behind my house.Pretty sure a Stelis species. Regarding frost no never at this altitude (2100m or about 6'900 feet) but possible much higher up in the Páramo regions (unique environments above tree line but below snow line in Colombia and Venezuela).

Robert Watcher

This is one of those subjects that would benefit so much from maximum depth of field by closing the lens down - or even better from focus stacking. That is an Olympus feature I want to try out, but requires specific lenses that I don’t own (unless I want to do it manually). An interesting flower for sure.

——-