• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Same player shoot again

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
As I was shooting the new range of Lagoon catamarans, this old friend of mine, the Bordeaux 60 came to play in the same area…
This was a fairly windy (25 knots of wind) sunset, and believe me, we were quite shaked in the helicopter…

ISO 200 - Speed priority (1/1000s)…
HY6 + Sinarback eMotion 75 LV
Schneider super angulon 50 mm AFD
Quickly processed in LR2 - very few noise reduction…
as usual, all full frame (except crops ;-) so horizon may not look horizontal…

Shot from helicopter…

080917-175547-1413_Bdx60_LR2.jpg

100% crop:
080917-175547-1413_Bdx60_LR2_detail.jpg

080917-175609-1413_Bdx60_LR2.jpg

100% crop:
080917-175609-1413_Bdx60_LR2_detail.jpg

nicolas claris

Bonsoir Michael
Well, there has been looooooooooooong debate wether one must show the entire boat (hence the mast head) or not.
On my own I'm not real fan of it… of course I always try to have one among the serie, one pic with the entire mast (in vertical orientation shot), but just in case. If I have the choice, I prefer to focus on hull shape and water around…
I have to also admit that these shot were not prepared, was just a nice surprise from the Bordeaux 60 to show there when we were flying over the cats (short name for catamarans)…
More "reflex" shot than prepared and constructed shots.
When I saw her (the boat) I just told our pilot, "hey, let's make a fly over them!" and shot for about 2 minutes and then went back to the work paid by the client!
At least, it shows that the Hy6 perform fast and well. IMHO…

Michael Fontana

pro member
Bonsoir Michael
Well, there has been looooooooooooong debate wether one must show the entire boat (hence the mast head) or not.
On my own I'm not real fan of it… of course I always try to have one among the serie, one pic with the entire mast (in vertical orientation shot), but just in case. If I have the choice, I prefer to focus on hull shape and water around…
I have to also admit that these shot were not prepared, was just a nice surprise from the Bordeaux 60 to show there when we were flying over the cats (short name for catamarans)…
More "reflex" shot than prepared and constructed shots.
When I saw her (the boat) I just told our pilot, "hey, let's make a fly over them!" and shot for about 2 minutes and then went back to the work paid by the client!
At least, it shows that the Hy6 perform fast and well. IMHO…

ok, Nicolas

I can see the loooooooong debate ;-)
and looking at these shots, I feel that it hasn't alwith the same importance; it was most obvious to me in the first FF of post Nr. 2.

But then, I never have been doing the job you do, so it's easy to look at the screen and comment ;-)
1/1000 with ASA 200 - it must have been windy !

BTW: I quite like these unexpected °side-shots° when working.

Gary Ayala

Good stuff ... again Nicolas ... what I find disturbing is that you call playing with helicopters and sail boats work ...

Gary

nicolas claris

and looking at these shots, I feel that it hasn't alwith the same importance; it was most obvious to me in the first FF of post Nr. 2.

Yes, I can understand, but in that case it was almost impossible to focus and recompose… and I had to choose to show the masthead or the reflection of the sails on the sea… I went for the later…

But then, I never have been doing the job you do, so it's easy to look at the screen and comment ;-)

No prob at all, new eyes are oftenly opening mines!

1/1000 with ASA 200 - it must have been windy !

That's for sure! between 25 to 30 knots (45 to 55 Km/h) and lot of turbulences due to the isles in front and hills behind… it was also low light (end of day).

Shooting 1/1000s is the safer way to get sharp image and freeze movements of boats an water sprays as well.

BTW: I quite like these unexpected °side-shots° when working.

Yes! I do agree, these are the good surprise of the day, keeping us awaken!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

100% crop:
080917-175609-1413_Bdx60_LR2_detail.jpg

These are stunning! The v-formation of the deck planks makes the boat like speeding arrows. These are so impressive. I feel as if I'm looking through a window as these massive boats whizz by!

asher