• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who has used Polaroid 8x10?

Scott B. Hughes

4x5 yes, never 8x10.

I owned a Sinar F+ from ~1980 through 1998.... used as much 55 P/N as TXP. An associate who was a photog for McDonnell Douglas gave me a case of expired 4x5 pos/neg. Stored in the ol Kelvinator, it lasted me years before drying up.

What is Polaroid making available in 8x10? As I recall, P/N in sheets is history. 3.25" packets perhaps?

I still have a Polaroid back for the Hassie... thats about it.

Erik DeBill

I use type 55 in 4x5 occasionally. AFAICS it's still being manufactured.

The negative gives a nice full dynamic range, with good detail. The positive is much higher contrast and lower detail. I've never been all that happy with the positives, beyond seeing that the exposure is about right. The negative is quite nice, but won't fit in a 4x5 holder on my scanner.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have shot 20x24. I'll have to copy the pics to post them!!

Right now we should consider 4x5 and 8x10 in the same category as the Polaroid films all have similar issues of timing temp reciprocity and color hue shift and so forth,

I have just purchased my first 8x10 film processoe and 5 Polaroid film holders, so I now have to get a new camera, LOL!

In order not to get the wrath of my family, the tripod at least better be beautiful!

So between Will and I in Los Angeles and also Erik in Austin Texas, we have a core of LF effort to be report and share ideas on. I'm grateful to Will who scans eBay and warns me in time so I could buy my gear at a bargain price! So scott, are you going to do more LF too. We'd love the company!

Asher

Scott B. Hughes

Probably not for the foreseeable future, Asher.

Spare time is at a premium at this point and all the LF gear/darkroom was sold almost ten years ago.

To me, alternative capture is running a roll of film throuhg a EOS-V, which I purchased a year ago. :)

I'll be following the thread.

Asher Kelman

Well, Scott, 35mm film is so important as well. I hope you do use that film camera!

These are two important tools with different looks than digital capture and it's a pity to lose this option!

So we are trying to encourage film and Polaroid and Platinum prints from digital prints on transparent media too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well, Scott,

The Eos IV is the big brother to my Eos 3! I'll get my scanner hooked up then!

Looking to see your pictures with this very capable camera. No worry about full frame sensor!

Klaus,

re-reading yout Polaroid post, it is unclear whether you changed your mind on what you had used, Polaroid or sheet film?

Asher

Klaus Esser

pro member
Klaus,

re-reading yout Polaroid post, it is unclear whether you changed your mind on what you had used, Polaroid or sheet film?

Asher

Hi Asher!

The shot of the sunflower was Polaroid 8x10, the shot of the yellow flowers in the curved iron was Ektachrome.

best, Klaus

Erie Patsellis

pro member
So between Will and I in Los Angeles and also Erik in Austin Texas, we have a core of LF effort to be report and share ideas on. I'm grateful to Will who scans eBay and warns me in time so I could buy my gear at a bargain price! So scott, are you going to do more LF too. We'd love the company!

Asher

Oh there's at least one more, but alas in the midwest...

erie

15 sheets of Type 809 left, and that's it unless Fuji comes up with a replacement. I'm using it for the APUG print exchange and the APUG Traveling Portfolio.

Asher Kelman

I might use I sheet of color this weekend on the Chamonix shoot,but then may save it! It depends on the model. She's have to be very good. Given that there will be 8-10 photographers there I'm wary of having the worthwhile muse to make me use up my limited 8x10 Polaroid resource!

Asher!

Erie Patsellis

pro member
I've been attempting to stock up on fuji 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 pack film (I have holders for the RB and 4x5) as I'm betting that as soon as polaroid is totally gone, the fuji prices will rise, due to lack of competition. Alas, the electric and gas companies have been conspiring against me and there just hasn't been a whole lot of spare funds to stock up on film with. I used to use 8x10 polaroid in the studio quite a bit, to the tune of several cases a month, I sure miss the days when you billed clients for polaroids, film and processing, etc...

erie patsellis