• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Choosing folders in Windows Lightroom

Tim Armes

Hi all,

All the dialogs in Windows LR that allow you to choose a folder rather than a file (such as is necessary for importing files, choosing the watched folder, choosing the export folder, etc.) have a button called "Choose folder" to choose the folder (as opposed to a file). Oddly though, on some PC's it simply isn't showing up. It took me ages to realise that I was missing that rather important button - until that point I was finding Lightroom to be unusable.

If you're among this group of unfortunates then I've found a workaround:

1) Select the folder you wish to choose.
2) Press the TAB key until the "Cancel" button is highlighted
3) Press TAB once more
4) Press SPACE

It would seem that the button is there but not visible. This technique gives you access to it.

Tim