• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Ramadan Karim

fahim mohammed

An OPF member kindly sent me a private message wishing me a peaceful Ramadan.

I apologize for not remembering to wish you all a Blessed and Peaceful Ramadan..

p250884339-5.jpg

.." And (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) and (his son) Isma’il (Ishmael) were raising the foundations of the House (the Ka’bah at Makkah), (saying), “Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us. Verily! You are the All-Seeing and All-Knowing. " (Qur’an 2:127)

When the current construction of the area around the Haram ( Kabaa, Kabah ) is completed, this largest place of worship ( The Grand Mosque in Makkah ) shall have the capacity to hold 2 million worshippers at one time.

In the photo above you can see what is referred to in the Holy Quran as the ' Place Of Ibrahim ' ( PBUH ).
This is the Place where Prophet Ibrahim ( PBUH ) and his son Prophet Ismail ( PBUH ) stood while resurrecting the Holy Kabah.

Ramadan, the month of fasting, is the month that the Holy Quran was revealed unto Prophet Mohammed ( PBUH ).

Ramadan Karim.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

An OPF member kindly sent me a private message wishing me a peaceful Ramadan.

I apologize for not remembering to wish you all a Blessed and Peaceful Ramadan..

Ramadan Karim.

Thank you so much. And Ramadan Kareem to you as well.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's an amazing and peaceful sight, Fahim. Thank you!

How they prevent injury, even by accident, with so many people moving, is in itself, a miracle!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Thank you for stopping by.

A few days ago my son went to Makkah to perform the Umrah ( a pilgrimage ). He took a few snaps with his iPhone.

Sorry for the poor quality of the images...

As one approaches the Grand Mosque along one of the routes, one passes through this arch. Due to the poor quality of the image ( inside a car etc. ) the writing on the arch is not visible in the image.

p207155608-5.jpg

On it is a verse ( 96 ) from Chapter 3 of the Holy Quran:

Translation.." The first House ( of worship ) appointed for mankind was indeed at Bekka ( Makkah ), a blessed place and a guidance to all the worlds ".

For information: Chapter 3 of the Holy Quran is titled ' Al-E-Imran '. The family of Imran. Mariam ( PBUH ), the mother of Prophet Issa ( PBUH ) was the from this family.

One has many different routes to enter the Grand Mosque; here is one entrance after walking across a big courtyard one is approaching the Holy Kabaa ( can be seen directly behind the structures ).

http://umdah.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v102/o14035274/c1/p137342063-220.mp4

Just in front of the Holy Kabaa...

p299257113.jpg

The door of the Holy Kabaa is on the left of the Kabaa. During pre-Islamic times, it used to contain 365 idols. One for each day of the year, worshipped by the pagans.

Prophet Mohammed ( PBUH ) on entering The Kabba had all these idols destroyed.

Another route to the Grand Mosque.

p221260388.jpg