• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Silhouettes

Antonio Correia

In the small group of amateur photographers I gather every month we decided to make some photographs under the theme "Silhouettes" to be presented on the first tuesday of August, tomorrow I mean.

I made one photograph on purpose for this assignment. I wanted to show that silhouettes can be defined as great colored shapes contrasting with dark backgrounds.

However, the second proposition is the recovery of two photographs some years old: a portrait made in Indonesia and a rotated curtain I photographed in USA, two years ago.

i-PX2BCKz-X2.jpg
i-9K7zdzf-X2.jpg

In the small group of amateur photographers I gather every month we decided to make some photographs under the theme "Silhouettes" to be presented on the first tuesday of August, tomorrow I mean.

I made one photograph on purpose for this assignment. I wanted to show that silhouettes can be defined as great colored shapes contrasting with dark backgrounds.

However, the second proposition is the recovery of two photographs some years old: a portrait made in Indonesia and a rotated curtain I photographed in USA, two years ago.

i-PX2BCKz-X2.jpg
i-9K7zdzf-X2.jpg

Antonio,
I find that your first image is elegant and meets your expressed desire in this silhouette theme, but I find your black and white to be beautifully haunting. Very nice job bringing the two together for a stunning piece of work(art).
Best, Bill

Jarmo Juntunen

Both represent your excellent standard of work! The portrait really stays at the back my head and refuses to leave...

Antonio Correia

Thank you Bill and Jarmo for your comments. :)
But I think I was wrong when I called these photograph as silhouettes.

"...A silhouette is the image of a person, animal, object or scene represented as a solid shape of a single colour, usually black, its edges matching the outline of the subject..." according to the Wikipedia...

A silhouette is shown bellow in a photograph I made a couple of years ago with the iPhone.
The one on the bottom is quite recent.
Both are more representative of what a silhouettes is :)

i-snFKMXD-X2.jpg
i-HdCT6Tz-X2.jpg