• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Evening...

Antonio Correia

This afternoon my wife and I we went for a stroll by the river.
I made some photographs for a change...
I have to go back here. The tide was very low and there was a lot of mud showing where oysters grow. Very nice place... calm and silent.
I could not photographs some flamingos in the horizon as the lens was not one for the job.

i-jr8SHmd-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This afternoon my wife and I we went for a stroll by the river.
I made some photographs for a change...
I have to go back here. The tide was very low and there was a lot of mud showing where oysters grow. Very nice place... calm and silent.
I could not photographs some flamingos in the horizon as the lens was not one for the job.

i-jr8SHmd-X2.jpg

So, Antonio,

The sky, wet sand, reflections in the water and foreground are all detailed and rich with a wide array of contrasts and gradations in tone. This is a challenge for printing but would be best at lest 20 x 24 or larger so you can optimize every region separately.

How do you approach such a picture for printing? Do you ever wonder whether or not it might be better printed by a laser on real photographic paper? Or have you past that?

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Asher for replying to my thread. :)

This area is in a marsh just a few kilometers from Setúbal. It is a very photographic place where many many people take photographs. But I find they all look much the same and I have to make something different ... :)

I have to return to this place especially when the tide is low to make a collection of images. I intend to use a ND filter for long exposures images. I have just a ND4 but a friend of mines has a 7 (or 6 ?) which he will be borrowing me.

I do have printed a humble A5 which is very nice and makes me feel happy :)
When I will have a project about this place I will print some in A3+ from my own printer.

i-6CD8mWp-XL.jpg
i-rJnr3wf-X3.jpg