• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Muse Visits! Maria at Surin Beach, Phuket

Nigel Allan

Haven't picked up a camera or posted for quite a while, but I just purchased a camera I have coveted (Nikon D750) and felt inspired. (People argue, justifiably, that buying a 'better' camera does not make you a better photographer, and I agree. However, I do believe that buying a piece of equipment you love and covet can inspire you to take pictures you might otherwise not take.)

Here are some shots I took of Maria the other day at Surin Beach in Thailand...of course, a great model, wonderful natural light, and a heavenly location all help too...you don't need to be that good a photographer if the set up is conducive...you just have to let the muse visit

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Haven't picked up a camera or posted for quite a while, but I just purchased a camera I have coveted (Nikon D750) and felt inspired. (People argue, justifiably, that buying a 'better' camera does not make you a better photographer, and I agree. However, I do believe that buying a piece of equipment you love and covet can inspire you to take pictures you might otherwise not take.)

Here are some shots I took of Maria the other day at Surin Beach in Thailand...of course, a great model, wonderful natural light, and a heavenly location all help too...you don't need to be that good a photographer if the set up is conducive...you just have to let the muse visit

These are so beautifully imagined and constructed. God made the scene and the woman, but you had to put them together. You did so well. The images give a wonderfully opposed set of worlds, the transient beauty we are lucky to hold on to for a decade or two and then the timeless perfection of the landscape nature always gives us a a reference by which we can then measure our time.

Asher