• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Working with industrial plastics

Antonio Correia

These guys work successfully on industrial plastics systems.
I went there and made a few shots.
More after comments, if any.
356946431_MXkGw-L.jpg
356940123_NFnp8-L.jpg

356943200_EKdRx-L.jpg
356932091_ZS6Rz-L.jpg

Gary Ayala

I think #2 and #4 are the best of this series. #2 needs a touch more contrast and a bit of noise reduction in the OOF/dark background area.

#1 is okay, I think the men should have been positioned in the foreground and get tight on them with the wide angle. This which would have placed more emphasis on the men and less on the plastic due to the perspective of the wide angle.

I have a problem with #3 ... normally I like eye contact with the subject ... except when they are working ... the eye contact while he is cutting the plastic makes this photo more of a posed/model shoot than an industrial documentary.

#4, maybe a bit too much air on the top. I like the use of OOF, (large aperture) objects to frame the subjects. The difference between #4 and #3 is the eye contact.

Gary

Antonio Correia

I think #2 and #4 are the best of this series. #2 needs a touch more contrast and a bit of noise reduction in the OOF/dark background area.
#1 is okay, I think the men should have been positioned in the foreground and get tight on them with the wide angle. This which would have placed more emphasis on the men and less on the plastic due to the perspective of the wide angle.
I have a problem with #3 ... normally I like eye contact with the subject ... except when they are working ... the eye contact while he is cutting the plastic makes this photo more of a posed/model shoot than an industrial documentary.
#4, maybe a bit too much air on the top. I like the use of OOF, (large aperture) objects to frame the subjects. The difference between #4 and #3 is the eye contact.
Gary

In this serie I made a terrible mistake: my histogram was always built to the left and me ... silly human, kept shooting instead of correcting the ISO for a better and decent histogram, to the right and to the light as Liquid Air/Ken says.
I must go back there. It is a promise to shoot more pictures for a calender at the end of September, of each of them and all together.
I intend to shoot from above and I will study carefully the composition and the posture of the people.
The wromge histogram made me "run" to sepia but it is difficukt to disguise... The noise is there all the time.
356944591_N2KPX-L-1.jpg