• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Seeking info from Den Haag

Rhys Sage

pro member
In my aunty's effects is a photo of her and my gran which was taken sometime after World War 2 when they took a trip from Cardiff to Holland. I'd say it could be as late as 1959 but no earlier than 1949.

If the studio is still in existence of if anybody knows where the negatives went then I would be very interested to know.

Here's a scan of the back of the photo.
2771443989_579259c907_o.jpg

Rhys Sage

pro member
Thanks. That's the site I and my pal in France found. Sadly the email form didn't work. I'll have to give them a ring on Monday. Thank God for Skype!

Rhys Sage

pro member
I manage to ring the studio at their new number. The guy I spoke to was quite pleasant. He seemed to indicate that he'd just taken the studio over and that the previous owner took all his negatives with him :(

I manage to ring the studio at their new number. The guy I spoke to was quite pleasant. He seemed to indicate that he'd just taken the studio over and that the previous owner took all his negatives with him :(

Hey, although I can't promise anything, when you give me the details, I'd at least could give a try... (being a native Dutch might help).

Bart

Rhys Sage

pro member
Hey, although I can't promise anything, when you give me the details, I'd at least could give a try... (being a native Dutch might help).

Bart

The address is:
Nijendal 26
3972 KC Dribergen

Tel +31 343 517377

Everything else is included in this thread.

Essentially I'm trying to find whether they have any other negatives of my grandma and my aunty as I'd like prints or scan of them - for which I'd be happy to pay. I have one photo of my aunty and gran in Dutch costume in a typically-kitschy Dutch scene. It's a fair bet they took more than one photo. I have scanned it but I think the scan must be on my other computer.