• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Glamour of the Gods

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Today I went to the Santa Barbara Museum of Art to see images from the Robert Kobal Collection on exhibit. WOW WOW WOW. 90 some odd photographs. Light so beautiful . Years of inspiration in one room. Talent beyond belief. Almost all in black and white. Silver Gelatin and Palladium.

These are very famous portraits by famous photographers from the early part of last century. Many be George Hurrell. All portraits or stills of famous actors and actresses. The images Re prints - many original from the golden movie era dated 1900-1960. Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, Jean Harlow, Joan Crawford, Marlena Dietrich.. The images were beyond incredible.

They published a book. This one is incredible enough to b4e in the studio. Glamour of the Gods is the title. There are more images in the book but these images in person are incredible. I have to had to share the inspiration with you. If you cannot go and you are into portraiture, this is a book that will take you to the next level I am sure. I am so inspired to shoot in my studio tomorrow. Too bad I have a location shoot.