• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Let It Be"

Michael Brown

There is a very good reason why I choose to post this here at OPF.
Maybe, ... hopefully, ... it is easy to tell just why!

I do like a simple life.
I also like to shoot subjects that look so simple and ordinary in nature.
I also like to shoot the light as it is whenever I can.
I like to “let it be”.

The grass within this area of the marsh was on the border area of some shade and darkened clouds.
The waters were washed in a somewhat hazy but bright light.
I added a polarizer which reduced some of the glare within those waters.
But by adding a polarizer, I also noticed that the surrounding waters showed a bit more and actually reduced the intriguing lines of the small waves.
I removed the polarizer, and immediately viewed something a bit different.
Vertical lines of grass in a color mix of green and black.
Horizontal wave patterns within the water.
A wash of light which surrounds and gives accent to those very small waves.
I liked what I was viewing, … and decided to “let it be”.

I created from what I was actually seeing.
I wonder how many would have left the polarizer on in order to reduce some of the glare, which would hopefully please other more experienced photographers and their opinions first?
In my opinion, … many photographers listen to other individuals in forums or blogs far more often than they should, ignoring what already exists deep within themselves!

© 2008 - Michael Brown
“Let It Be”

7838717-lg.jpg

So, ..... the discussion is?