• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just back and waiting for me was...

Mike Shimwell

A mint (really like new!) Zeiss Ikon and C Sonnar 50/1.5:)

In this world of digital insecurity a solid and stable camera that I hope will last at least as long as my AE-1 has.

So far, even before developing a roll I am very very pleased with it and couldn't resist crowing!

I'll post a pic or two and some of Norway (which is a great family destination - albeit rather expensive unless you camp) when the dust settles.

Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike,

Congrats. Let's know how it goes. I'd love to know how loud the shutter is compared with your DSLR's! Also what sort of intimacy you get with it in social situations and how people react to you rangefinding the focus! Do they even notice your camera is different?

Asher

Mike Shimwell

I've finally managed to run a roll of Reala through the Ikon and get it processed. Here are a couple shot indoors with either the Sonnar or an Ultron 35 I picked up cheaply wide open.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the contrast between the Ikon and the dslr's.

Mike

My youngest daughter enjoying the scotch pancakes we made for a weekend breakfast.
2865651007_e78f4244ed_o.jpg

My youngest brother and his new norn son - Noah
2866481224_f2b257311b_o.jpg

Last edited:

fahim mohammed

Excellent start Mike. I just love the Sonnar, at 2.8 for portraits, and a poor man's noctilux between
1.5-about 2.5.

Love the first pic. congrats to your brother. Noah must be keeping him busy!

Thanks for stopping by at my landscape. Peak dist. near Matlock.

Regards.

Mike Shimwell

Fahim,

Matlock - I grew up in a small village called Tideswell and my family live in the Bakewell to Matlock area:) I'm the northern contingent in Yorkshire.

I hope you enjoyed my childhood stamping ground - and it explains why it was familiar!

Yes, Pete is still coming to terms with being Noah's dad - I didn't tell him that we recently had 3 consecutive unbroken nights for the first time in six years - but both he and his wife are very proud and dote on Noah.

Mike