• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Edge of Things

Someone once noted, who and when escapes me now, that edges of all kinds should be kept in mind with photography. These edges might involve the time of day, the season of year, forest and field, weather systems, and etc. The point, as I recall, was that such edges frequently lend a little extra drama to any given scene.

original.jpg

Weber Farm​

Now, there's no drama at all in the above photo taken near the northwest corner of Illinois six years ago. The place is located just over two hours drive from home. I've returned many times since and have never had things come together quite so well. It was early summer and the end of spring. The morning sun had just cleared the horizon and all-day clouds were racing in from the west.

The notion of edges is a simple one and I was surprised to see how they tended to be present in the rare keeper images while recently exploring some old folders.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Someone once noted, who and when escapes me now, that edges of all kinds should be kept in mind with photography. These edges might involve the time of day, the season of year, forest and field, weather systems, and etc. The point, as I recall, was that such edges frequently lend a little extra drama to any given scene.

original.jpg

Weber Farm​

Tom,

Fascinating Concept!

This is a beautiful, broad and rich scene, (that despite the road to somewhere), actually appears to start at the horizon and comes towards us so generously as if a giant carpet with gifts displayed had been payed out for us.

So yes, this is at "the edge of things"!

Asher