• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Film: Natural Mandala

The horizontal format of the computer monitor is not kind to pictures composed in portrait orientation and it is an item of anxiety whether or not to stress the limits. I just press F11 on my keyboard to see this large image in one piece.
Perhaps this will work for you too.

7532024712_094ce25938_b.jpg
Stranded Jellyfish, Granite Bay
Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa Classic MCC 111 VC FB photographic paper, image size 24.5cm X 19.3cm, from a Kodak TriX 4x5 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF double extension field view camera fitted with a Voigtlander Heliar 21cm f4.5 lens.

A mandala shaped animal, distorted in death, lies in its mandala shaped tomb; the great wheel of the cosmos in miniature or so my unstable meditations go.

Sam Hames

I'm a little troubled that the first thing my mind pattern matches is with a mushroom cloud. (It's probably just me and tiredness, but that was the very first thing I saw)

Thanks for posting - given me something to think about: I'm not in the least bit spiritual and explicitly identifying the mandala aspect has really given me a lot of research to do into something new.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm a little troubled that the first thing my mind pattern matches is with a mushroom cloud. (It's probably just me and tiredness, but that was the very first thing I saw)

Thanks for posting - given me something to think about: I'm not in the least bit spiritual and explicitly identifying the mandala aspect has really given me a lot of research to do into something new.

Sam,

Not tiredness, let me reassure you. One can never escape one's library of related shapes. That's how we all navigate. Therefore the title is so helpful. Before I read the title, I saw other common shapes. I'm a great believer in folk introducing their work whenever they are comfortable doing so, and here it's especially valuable. We're not used to seeing jellyfish in another situation outside being beautifully suspended in water and so showing it's magnificent semi-transparent form.

Folk that explain their pictures are especially generous. However, some few pictures really do work better without comment and these are best presented that way.

Asher

Mark Hampton

The horizontal format of the computer monitor is not kind to pictures composed in portrait orientation and it is an item of anxiety whether or not to stress the limits. I just press F11 on my keyboard to see this large image in one piece.
Perhaps this will work for you too.

7532024712_094ce25938_b.jpg
Stranded Jellyfish, Granite Bay
Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa Classic MCC 111 VC FB photographic paper, image size 24.5cm X 19.3cm, from a Kodak TriX 4x5 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF double extension field view camera fitted with a Voigtlander Heliar 21cm f4.5 lens.

A mandala shaped animal, distorted in death, lies in its mandala shaped tomb; the great wheel of the cosmos in miniature or so my unstable meditations go.

Maris,

without the break in the image this one would not have worked so well for me... as it is it feels bang on...

nothing much to add but well made.

cheers