• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Raw materials

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Today we had to shoot into a local company who makes luxury (hence for yachts also) leather upholstery.

For miscalleneous reasons the shoot were done with our Canon 1DsMk3.

But when we came thru the room where they stock leather… I had to take the Sinar out of its case…

The following have been processed in C1-4 - No PP in PS except downsizing and cropping. Sharpening has been done directly in C1-4, then a very small amount in CS3 on the main views after downsizing (not on the 100% crops) and a very little noise Ninja in the 2nd pic.

Natural light from ceiling.

First pic:
100 ISO - ƒ11 - 2.53s - no noise reduction in C1-4 - Tripod - mirror locked
Sinar Hy6 / Sinar eMotion 75 LV - Lens Schneider Super-Angulon 3.5/40 - manual focus

080402-101853-1214_C1-4uneek.jpg

100% crop details:

080402-101853-1214_C1-4uneek-a.jpg

080402-101853-1214_C1-4uneek-b.jpg

Last edited:

nicolas claris

2nd pic:
100 ISO - ƒ8 - 1.6s - no noise reduction in C1-4 - Tripod - mirror locked
Sinar Hy6 / Sinar eMotion 75 LV - Lens Schneider AFD Xenotar 2.8/80 PQS - manual focus

080402-102839-1214_C1-4.jpg

100% crop detail:

080402-102839-1214_C1-4_crop.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Buy the factory or marry their daughter to your son but make sure you can keep going back!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Lost in translation!

Nicolas,

I like the pictures so much that I'd want to use the place as a location for a very long time. The texture, curved cuts of the leather and the colors make for wonderful subjects for artistic pexpression. When I find something like that, I love to go back again and again. If you do, you will see an evolution of photographs that will surprise you. The leather with it's natural curves, cuts and folds present a simple set of surfaces for composing with natural light.

Asher

nicolas claris

Got i!!

You're fully right but afaik they don't have any daughter, and, frankly If I had any spare money, I would buy the Hy6 first!

....sigh....

Just stop posting..... WILL YA?

;)

On a more serious note, as you already own an established business with some sort of secured revenue streams, perosnally, I would consider leasing the system over three years. May be an idea? The quality enhancement in your final product should be reflected in your prices and pay for the rates, ideally.

nicolas claris

Update:
We have created a new section on claris web site for the Sinar photoshoot series.

The section is here

the "making of" can be seen here click on "video "Making of"" on top right.