• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Film: Snow Gum Hollow, Mount Wheatley

5242934106_89b81d0e96_z.jpg

Snow Gum Hollow, Kosciuszko National Park

Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 VC FB, image area 21.5 X 16.2cm, from a Efke IR820 negative exposed in a Mamiya RB67 camera with a 50mm f4.5 lens and a IR680 filter.

This tree was burned in a 2003 bushfire but it lives on. A spray of grey leaves (infrared rendition) on the left hand side indicates the root stock is sprouting again. Like the American Bristlecone Pines the high altitude trees in Australia are almost eternal.
Even if a fragment survives the tree will come back.

Andy brown

Maris, that's what I'm talking about, bringing home the killer shots.
I really hope I get a chance to see your works in their full glory (up close and personal).

Lovely, lovely shot as always.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
5242934106_89b81d0e96_z.jpg

Snow Gum Hollow, Kosciuszko National Park

Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 VC FB, image area 21.5 X 16.2cm, from a Efke IR820 negative exposed in a Mamiya RB67 camera with a 50mm f4.5 lens and a IR680 filter.

This tree was burned in a 2003 bushfire but it lives on. A spray of grey leaves (infrared rendition) on the left hand side indicates the root stock is sprouting again. Like the American Bristlecone Pines the high altitude trees in Australia are almost eternal.
Even if a fragment survives the tree will come back.

Every so often a picture like this gives me a pat on the back, "Yes it's all worth it!" This is a real silver gelatin photograph of something real that represents the struggle of life on our fragile planet. I take nothing for granted and am very grateful.

In addition, Maris, you dipped the film in the developing chemicals with your own hands. Every step is in your hands - proud of you and love the range of densities!

Fabulous

Asher