• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Adobe Master Collection installation grief: Fix coming

I work in higher ed IT and got bitten hard by the “Installation failed” bug while trying to install the CC 2017 Master Collection in a lab setting earlier this week.

Oddly, the very same installer (enterprise build) worked the week before. A fresh and updated rebuild did not help.

At any rate, we corresponded with Adobe and they have been deluged with complaints. They identified 2 of the apps that were causing the issue (Scout and one other odd thing I don’t recall ever hearing about before).

A fix is expected Monday (2/27).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sorry for your unnecessary grief. It's inexcusable for conpanies with the wealth and programming resources of Adobe to create such problems for the folks just doing their job and sending in their yearly "taxation", i.e. renewals!

I use the Adobe cloud limited to Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Lightroom and Bridge. I do not actually use the latter two as my brain is already trained with PS and for catalogs I am used to Iview mediaPro almost identical to the current Phase One "Media Pro".

It is maddening that a routine upgrade should have the same risk as getting pirated software!

Asher

And Adobe pulled another stunt when I did an earlier 2017 instal in other labs right before the semester started:

All audio/video-related apps (Premier, Audition, etc.) crashed on launch (had to do with the apps trying to write to restricted places non-admin users couldn't access)! I researched the problem and turns out it existed for a number of years on both platforms.

Anyway, on my last day of work before the semester started, Adobe released some updates and behold! Those apps worked again ;-)