Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Landscape - Travel

Old December 6th, 2018, 08:07 AM

Default Hurricane Michael, Two Months Later

Flicker is being a bit on the whack side...image won't post.

Old December 6th, 2018, 11:37 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Well,

Chris,

feelings can still post and we are still shocked at the images we saw and hope and pray for you all. This is when the best of human character shows by helping, sharing and pulling through.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old December 6th, 2018, 12:31 PM

Let me see. Is this the image you intended to post?

street by Chris, on Flickr
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:26 PM

Seems sad and perhaps desolate.

I hope itís not abandoned!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old December 12th, 2018, 05:19 PM

Default Gone, but not forgotten

and this is in response to the photo shown above that even in desolatoin, there exists a certain beauty.

Last edited by Chris Calohan; December 12th, 2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old December 12th, 2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Calohan View Post

OMG,

Itís your home, right? I thought that it could be rebuilt? Was it covered by insurance? Will FEMA help?

Asher

Old December 12th, 2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
OMG,

Itís your home, right? I thought that it could be rebuilt? Was it covered by insurance? Will FEMA help?

Asher
It will be rebuilt and pretty close to the original. Only changes will be a standing seam metal roof and hurricane shutters. Insurance company so far has worked with me, not against as has the lovely government. At least he didn't throw rolls of Bounty at us. FEMA is a horrible joke around here and as to the SBA disaster loans, all I can say is you'd best read the fine print because they giveth, then taketh and taketh and keep on taking.
Old December 13th, 2018, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Calohan View Post
It will be rebuilt and pretty close to the original. Only changes will be a standing seam metal roof and hurricane shutters. Insurance company so far has worked with me, not against as has the lovely government. At least he didn't throw rolls of Bounty at us. FEMA is a horrible joke around here and as to the SBA disaster loans, all I can say is you'd best read the fine print because they giveth, then taketh and taketh and keep on taking.
Donít worry so much about ďthe conditionsĒ. You actually donít have to pay back for disaster relief. Theoretically, yes, politically no! The government forgives these loans eventually. Do some research on it. I hope itís still true!

Asher