• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Ethical/Legal Aspects of Posting Photos of People

Joe Hardesty

what I wanted to ask as well is "do you have any photos of you displayed all over the web... Do you like to be photographed (apart for family and mementos of course)...

Hi Sandrine,

Not sure if the question is for me, but no, I am not aware of any photos of me on the Web, but who knows.

I don't have a problem with being photographed but I think I should have the ultimate control over where a photo of me is published. For example, if you asked if you could take my picture, I would probably say yes. But to me that does not imply that you can take my picture and do anything you want with it.

Joe

Hi Sandrine,

Not sure if the question is for me, but no, I am not aware of any photos of me on the Web, but who knows.

I don't have a problem with being photographed but I think I should have the ultimate control over where a photo of me is published. For example, if you asked if you could take my picture, I would probably say yes. But to me that does not imply that you can take my picture and do anything you want with it.

Joe

Sorry, the question was meant for everybody...But I have this bad habit of not quoting... and also: The French language allows some shortenings that are out of my reach in English so sometimes my speech can appear a bit scrambled.. :)