• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Back home from Malta

Ossi Raimi

I spent some time on Malta, a lot of photos to process, but I share few first....

#1; "Sailing"

full

#2; "Sunrise ships"

full

#3; "Early morning clouds"

full

Thanks for looking, C&C more than welcome!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
...and same pictures with white borders/frames, which one is better?

full

Ossi,

Now this picture is light and open. It comes to life. Previously it was imprisoned in blackness. I like the position of the yacht. It works well and is enjoyable. This picture would work well in any work place as it is pleasant and non controversial. There's a market for such up beat but not distracting images. This on a white wall would be just fine with no frame. If a frame is used, that matte should be large and the frame unimportant or the gentle picture wont be able to asset its identity.

BTW, are you toning your images or using some special effect as each one seems to have a color cast?

full

Here Ossi you have entered into the zone of the multimillion sunset images that crowd the web. Yes, I do the same. Each time we are so moved we want to express this in a photograph. However, at best it become another cute postcard. Try to add something else that's unique to your vision. I don't blame you for trying, and this is fine but not special yet!

full

Here I like the capture of the cloud patterns in this sky. This is pretty dramatic. Can you straighten the horizon?

I collect such pictures. If this was mine, I'd think of using it on a picture with dull sky. This then can be a valuable resource. Never discard a picture with a good sky one can harvest!

Keep at it!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Ossi Raimi

Thank you for comments, and especially hints!

BTW, are you toning your images or using some special effect as each one seems to have a color cast?

No toning, a little bit "heavy processing" ... I tried to keep (how to call it?) sea fog, that blue fog, or something, exists a sunny day.... and both sunrise photos have red/yellow color cast. I guess it's normal during sunrise. Coz it was there, I didn't want remove it....
And yes, I must straighten horizon ....