• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

2018 photo hosting services

Bob Rogers

What's a good photo hosting service?

I used to use photobucket, but it's gotten really slow and advertising heavy. I only want to post a few dozen photos a year, and relatively modest sizes.

Jerome Marot

If it's free "you" are the product…
Otherwise, who pays the bills?

You mean that there is a choice between being paying a monthly fee for a service or having one's privacy sold to the highest bidder?

original-25942-1427414325-9.jpg

Bob Rogers

Free would be good if it's reasonable service. Or minimal cost. I need to be able to embed photos on web pages.

I'm not too concerned with how much privacy I'll give away by sharing a few photos each year, especially compared to how much I already give away through google and facebook :-/

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
You mean that there is a choice between being paying a monthly fee for a service or having one's privacy sold to the highest bidder?

original-25942-1427414325-9.jpg
Yes Jerome, kind of…
Or also to have adverts envading the page where your pic can be seen by others.
Philantropy has its limit, storing files needs servers, hard disks, internet "pipes" engineers to create and maintain…
There's an obvious need to have this paid by someone…

Jerome Marot

Yes Jerome, kind of…
Or also to have adverts envading the page where your pic can be seen by others.
Philantropy has its limit, storing files needs servers, hard disks, internet "pipes" engineers to create and maintain…
There's an obvious need to have this paid by someone…

I agree with your point about free services, but I meant that paid services can also sell your data for even more revenue. Why wouldn't they have both?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I agree with your point about free services, but I meant that paid services can also sell your data for even more revenue. Why wouldn't they have both?

Well, some do certify that they won't share our data…
And for image hosting, you don't have much data to deliver!
Many less than lots are giving for free to the so (badly!) called social media…

Jerome Marot

And for image hosting, you don't have much data to deliver!

Really? Most photos record time and camera serial number in the exifs. The ones taken with a phone routinely record the gps position and orientation of the phone. Face recognition is used to determine who you were photographing. Maybe it is more data than you think.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Intelligence services vacuum up the social media pictures for events and match faces and track folk and drill back to find their friends!

They correlate this with DNA ancestral services to map out families and possible targets and suspects!

Asher