• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pentimento, the trace of your past thoughts!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I note that this new forum section does not allow for editing of one's messages.

Best regards,

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Oops! I'll check it out! One should be able to edit for a certain time, like 2-4 hors. I better look at this issue later today! Meanwhile, give me text for anything you want to change!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

So, doug, explain the hidden meaning of the title, penitimento!
In painting, the term refers to evidence that the painter had changed his mind and "edited" what had already been painted.

The etymology is from an Italian word meaning to repent.

The term is also extended to a similar concept in literature, but of course there the evidence left behind is often more subtle!

And I gave you the wrong corrected spelling (not noticing that I had made two errors).

What I meant was pentimento.

Maybe you could fix it again.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug