• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ideas

Bob Rogers

Hi all,

My wife and I found this spot on our walk last night. It's next to an old school. I plan on going back when the light is good; I took this on my phone just to remember it. I'm not sure how I want to approach it though.

I like the way that old desk sits out there, with the waist high grass. I wonder how some of you might approach it? Perhaps sort of low, with the bench in the background? I'm thinking B&W.

There is also a zen rock garden on the same property. It's covered with leaves. I think that one is a lot easier to figure out.

IMG_0637_zpse3cb5e5e.jpg

Chris Calohan

I'd definitely shoot from inside the fence if possible and I think, given the locale, shoot from a low to high angle as if to try and give back some of its original authority.

Oh, and a kid sitting at that desk...I get squirmy all over thinking about how well that could be shot.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
IMG_0637_zpse3cb5e5e.jpg

I'd try to get up high and do a picture from above for orientation of what's to follow. Then I'd do macro shots of the grasses criss-crossing and each of the other elements, fence and all to build up a conluence of idea sub-units to make the whole. I'd carefully sequence them so that one leads into the next. I'd work in monochrome, most likely, as it's texture and form that will make the images impressive when that sun is low in the sky!

Asher