• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

how you get there

Mark Hampton

Sandrine asked me to post how I get to where the work is.. Looking at her retouching work she kens how to use PS.. I am not that great with it.. so below are the steps I tend to use.

Raw - colour balance and exposure etc if needed

Cs5 HDR - 3 photos -2/0/+2 - photo realistic / ghost buster

hdrimage.jpg

RAW - HDR​

in photoshop I have actions for this work - (there a few of them I am working on) - it makes 3 layers - blurs one - sharpens one and masks a layer mask - leaves the background alone. I have a main curve and level adjustments - and dark and light luminous adjustments - dodge and burn and B&W layer.

screen.gif

Layers​

Then flatten and into RAW for split tone at the end.

2222222333.jpg

The above is how this image has been worked so far - it may get canvas printed and waxed then rephotographed...

cheers

Hi, here I am....
now, the little house in the prairie.

maison-sur-colline-ecosse-1.jpg

Ugly init?

then

Untitled-1-1.jpg

at last

maison-sur-colline-ecosse.jpg

It was a down'n'dirty one, mostly to make this tilt/shift effect..

the one called layer one is the blur...

Well done Mark!...:)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sandrine,

I "layer 1", the blur, it seems the center is white therefore will show as blurred. But why? I don't understand the reason for blurring the main part of the picture. The foreground is already blurred. Did you sharpen the center instead and just leave the sky and the forgeround soft? That would make more sense.

But it seems I'm missing something.

Asher

I was missing something explaining, the layer one is , of course, Sharpen...Because the picture is already blurred. It was an attempt to salvage a picture. This is something that I do all the time, for fun.

Another one...
It's time to state that mine shown here are chosen because the process is quite simple. I've other pictures with dozen of layers and complicated masks, but I thought it was not the point. Just showing the vision...

so...

terre-les-avalats-1995.jpg

plus....
Untitled-1-2.jpg

equal:
terre-les-avalats-1995-2.jpg

The eye of the elephant

note that the high pass was chosen more to increase the local contrast than the sharpness, sharpness is a result...
For my part C&C appreciated :)

PS Edit: I think it's more funny now with a title...

Last edited: