• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: La Fête de la St. Jean

Thought I'd put this up for fun.
I live in the province of Quebec, Canada and yesterday was La Fête de St. Jean, when my province celebrates. If you look at the flag of Quebec, you will see there is a blue Fleur de lys on it, he flower immortalized as the fleur-de-lys symbol of Quebec is not a lily, as many people believe, but Iris Versicolor. Normally on the 24th of June, you will find this iris blooming. In a week, it will be like they never were here.

I picked a small bouquet and took a pic before bringing them in. Thought I'd share ,
:)
Maggie

blueiris3.jpg
Fleur de Lys

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thought I'd put this up for fun.
I live in the province of Quebec, Canada and yesterday was La Fête de St. Jean, when my province celebrates. If you look at the flag of Quebec, you will see there is a blue Fleur de lys on it, he flower immortalized as the fleur-de-lys symbol of Quebec is not a lily, as many people believe, but Iris Versicolor. Normally on the 24th of June, you will find this iris blooming. In a week, it will be like they never were here.

I picked a small bouquet and took a pic before bringing them in. Thought I'd share ,
:)
Maggie

blueiris3.jpg
Fleur de Lys

Maggie, I adore your fresh composition and I love these colors!

So I also like lilac, jacaranda and irises too. This is the time in L.A. when we get long dresses of thin silk. I've seen charcoal, pink and gray today. I still look at all the women waiting for the lilac colors I love!

Asher

Asher, since you love Lilacs, here are some Persian Lilacs from my bush, especially for you. Taken a few days ago. :)
Maggie

lilacsforasher1.jpg

Lilacs for Asher