• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: My American Visitor

Ha! gotcha in here, right? :-D

This little fellow was a surprise visitor this morning. I got up and heard birds near the window. A small (perhaps sparrow, not sure didn't see it well) was shooing off a huge crow and while I watched, this little Goldfinch just dropped out of nowhere on a branch that is about 4-5 feet from my front window. I hurried; got my camera, which was on my desk, changed lens and took a few pictures through the window as I knew as soon as I opened the door, he'd be gone. 10 shots and he flew away with a small female.

Oddly enough, I usually don't do bird photos; I'm not equipped with a long enough lens, but what can you do when they pose and beg for you to take their pic? So cute, right? with all the fluffy feathers that almost look like fur. Hope you enjoy him. :)
Maggie

americangoldfinch1.jpg

Male American Goldfinch ©Maggie Terlecki

Oddly enough, I usually don't do bird photos; I'm not equipped with a long enough lens, but what can you do when they pose and beg for you to take their pic? So cute, right? with all the fluffy feathers that almost look like fur. Hope you enjoy him. :)
Maggie

Hi Maggie,

That turned out quite well! He's looking fine and dandy.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
americangoldfinch1.jpg

Male American Goldfinch ©Maggie Terlecki

Superb and handsome! What a lucky break. Most often one comes back with the right lens and the bird has scarpered off! They often come on flocks. So, there may be a lot more around your neighborhood!

Asher