• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Don't miss this!!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
AdobeCloudofftoDec2_2013.jpg

Photoshop 6 and Lightroom 5 for just $9.99/month, one year contract here.

It ends December 2cd!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I have Photoshop CS5 but decided that the latest benefits could be had for a small premium.

Think about this. Of course, next year, is another matter.

I'd imagine they'll have some special extension!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

This has been discussed to death in other fora already. Recap: after 12 months you are basically screwed. The monthly fee goes up more than 100% (no plans of extending it from Adobe at all) and you cannot continue using PS or LR off-line after cancelling the subscription. I certainly don't recommend it. Buyer beware.

Asher Kelman

Well it beats using cracked numbers, LOL! Just as Adobe saw fit to renege on the hardcore attitude against us, this year, (out of realistic business consideration and not pity), so there's no reason to think they'll not have some "loyalty inducement" next year.

Also by then, GIMP, Aperture and other contenders to allow editing in layers might be even better! If Adobe creates a void, it will be filled.

No ecosystem is left unexploited!

So, having faith in the pressures of the market, either Adobe will find a way to serve us or else someone else will be happy to take that bread from their large mouth!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

...Just as Adobe saw fit to renege on the hardcore attitude against us, this year, (out of realistic business consideration and not pity), so there's no reason to think they'll not have some "loyalty inducement" next year.
Sadly, Adobe have given us no indications at all that they would extend the lower prices after one year. As a matter of fact, their small letters state clearly that this will not be the case. They are thinking of their bottom line. Once they have got you captive, why would they not charge more. They can and they will.

Jerome Marot

The small prints (emphasis added by me):

Terms and conditions

VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Eligible customers may purchase an Adobe Creative Cloud membership to Photoshop CC™ and Adobe® Photoshop Lightroom 5 bundled together for a reduced price. Offer valid for purchases of an annual plan, which requires a 12-month contract. This offer is only available to customers who purchase directly from the Adobe Store or by calling a regional Adobe Call Center. Residents of embargoed countries are not eligible. This offer is limited to one (1) purchase per customer. Offer is subject to U.S. export control laws and laws where the recipient resides. Offer may not be assigned, exchanged, sold, transferred, or combined with any other discount or offer, or redeemed for cash or other goods and services. Offer is valid until December 2, 2013, and can be changed without notice.

Renewal
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

Cancellation
We'd hate to see you go, but if you cancel within the first 30 days starting from your contract date, we'll give you a full refund. Otherwise, you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation for the cancellation or removal of seats. If you ever need to cancel, just call Customer Support.

Asher Kelman

Jerome and Cem,

There's a song, If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with!

For the next year, at $120, I'm up to date and will have a lot of pleasure. After that, maybe I'll have to go back to Photoshop CS5. Meanwhile, happiness is just 4 cents/day.

I read the small print, but if we were worried about the small print, we'd not use water outside of emergencies!

danger of drowning
lethal if near an electric outlet or bare wires
severe damage when frozen block falls on head
may cause slippage and serious injury
can destroy rich taste of whisky
will catch fire with metallic sodium

:)

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

...For the next year, at $120, I'm up to date and will have a lot of pleasure. After that, maybe I'll have to go back to Photoshop CS5. Meanwhile, happiness is just 4 cents/day.
Asher,

Of course it is your decision, I am happy for you. Please be aware that your files updated with CS6CC specific features may not be backwards compatible with CS5.

PS: It is 33 cents a day, not 4.

Asher Kelman

Asher,

Of course it is your decision, I am happy for you. Please be aware that your files updated with CS6CC specific features may not be backwards compatible with CS5.

PS: It is 33 cents a day, not 4.

Good point! I'll save in a backwards compatible format.

The extra 29 cents a day? That's their mark up!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Not sure sure it was a great idea. There seems to be an issue with the the program giving orders to the video card or the extra processor in my Macbook Pro 17". Anyway, it deactivated one module and told me to look on their site. Great! Meanwhile, it's v. painfully slow to change color or switch from B to W in masking or changing the size of fonts.

I guess there's a learning curve, but it should be automatically setting up according to standard laptop configurations. Still, I do love the charcoal b.g., LOL!

Asher