• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

What is this image?

Anil Mungal

am-044.jpg

Here's an image i took recently and really liked, as it opened my eyes to something new. Here are some questions:

- What did I take a picture of? Does it matter?
- How did i do it? Was it film/digital? Was it post-processed? Again, does it matter?

Michael Fontana

pro member
>What is this image?<
It' s a ornament

>- What did I take a picture of? Does it matter?<
not for the first impact

>- How did i do it? Was it film/digital? Was it post-processed? Again, does it matter?<
It doesn't matters at all.

Just the result is important.

short questions - short replies ;-)

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
am-044.jpg

Here's an image i took recently and really liked, as it opened my eyes to something new. Here are some questions:

- What did I take a picture of? Does it matter?
- How did i do it? Was it film/digital? Was it post-processed? Again, does it matter?

First let me give my salutations, "You are the first person who has to be impressed!" Why? Because in the expression of an idea, you yourself must feel you achieved what you like. Then it's up to us to either like it or not, but that is not so important, unless you want to be popular, start a new art movement, or sell prints.

Here, I personally do not know what to think. I can see what appears to be a shift in the rectilinear original object imaged. It could be a reflection in a mirrored surface or some while or displacemet in CS2. However, for me I have no landmarks or directions that I recognize to start to make meaning of it.

A title might help or some idea of what it might mean to you. I have no idea what it is!!!!

O.K. what's it about?

Asher

Anil Mungal

Yes. It's a picture of a square of glassblock and in the distance is a building with windows, with a bit of red trim and blue sky.

When I showed this image to a friend, he asked how I did it in photoshop, and was surprised when I said it was straight from the camera.

What amazed me was if I just shifted slightly up/down/left/right when composing the image, I would be treated to an entirely different image. The process was like applying photoshop filters to the scene, but in an analog way. The resulting image reminded me of the photographic technique of Polaroid manipulations.

If anyone is interested, I can post a few more from this experiment.

Anil Mungal

Just the personal satisfaction of solving a mystery and perhaps learning something in the process .... and if anyone is ever visiting Toronto, I will gladly take them to the spot to reproduce said image.