• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Do NOT breath - Rocks

<grins> a few more do-not-breath exercises, handheld 1/30 s @ f22, three brackets

....files are not shown at the moment.... Not a clue why that is.... I'll have to check....

Michael Fontana

pro member
ok, a good opportunity to talk abot a visual idea of rock:
(pre-configurated images)

- a rock beeing something solide, and sometimes causing the humans (nature vs culture) some problems.

-personally, I like rocks, having spend about 3 years above 7000 fts: a rock is something that has been there for a good while, didn't cared about our human's perceptions of it, and will remain for some other centuries.

To follow, untill your server is up.

I'm prettty sure, that the rocks doesn't cares about the server °grin°

Michael Fontana

pro member
HDR on the rocks?

It works out 3 D, somehow it looks a tad unnatural, with that all-over-sharpness, especially at the edge between sky and earth.

And yes, there's no sincerity, whithout fun!

HDR on the rocks?

It works out 3 D, somehow it looks a tad unnatural, with that all-over-sharpness, especially at the edge between sky and earth.

And yes, there's no sincerity, whithout fun!

yup, hdr, I agree with the edge between sky and earth though, can be done better. If I could keep that tad "unnatural" and make the line between earth and sky less imposing, I wonder how that would look in print. I quite like that effect.

How is that version? No HDR this time, just a single shot.

Last edited:
mhhhh.... just thinking, this last version may lean itself to work on according to Dan Margulis Canyon Conondrum.... must give that a try as well.