• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My new concert grand stands in Sydney

Well <grins> Not really, but as we can use virtual Grad Filters and Gels via software, in music you can place synthesizers into virtual concert Halls, in this case I placed my synth into the Syndey Opera House and improvised a few minutes.

3.5 MB ish

http://www.mediafire.com/?8mm4on10txm

Then I started some more serious work on a piece for Concert Grand, Harp, Percussion, the London Symphony Choir and Solo Soprano, but unfortunately my poor computer spits his guts out with what I through at him. <grins>

A Mac with 16 Gig and 8 CPU's would probably do it.

Then again, I could see myself going into Mahler size orchestrations, and then the poor Mac would spit his guts out.... now here is a dilemma... LOL I better stick with photography.

KrisCarnmarker

Georg, how exactly did you place it in that particular hall? Is there a reverb manufacturer that has actually modeled the hall and provides it as a preset or something?

My favorite reverb plugin is Waves, but there are no such presets :)

Speaking of modeled instruments, have you tried pianoteq? Quite interesting, if I say so myself.

Hello Kris,

Nice to speak to a fellow music lover in the desert, well sorta, I should say paradise which describes it better in deed. <smile>

Yes, it is Waves IR that I was testing and the particular reverb is on disc 2 if memory serves. I did use 25% in the mix overall. The grand is a tweaked version from my Roland XV 88, sorta poor, but well, it's good enough for laying down ideas.

Yes Pianoteq sounds very promising given the small footprint.