• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bokeh in two Canon cameras

Antonio Correia

336718831_zYYiF-L.jpg
-
335953427_T7uX3-L-1.jpg

Canon 5D + 24-70 at 70mm f/2,8 + natural morning light + Lightroom
I love this 5D !:)
--
And Canon G9 at f/4,5 + macro position + natural morning light + Lightroom, also very good bokeh.

Do you agree ?

Bonjour Antonio

please use standard font size when you don't have anything to highlight (though you still may underline or bold a word or a sentence). Larger text size is really distracting.

Thank you for understanding

Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Ayala

Antonio, the 5D is pure cream, no distracting detail. The G9, do to the huge DOF of a small sensor, is nothing but distracting detail in the background. The 5D kicks the G9's but in bokeh.

Gary

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

The effect in number 2 is quite good. It is really nice.

In number 1, I have the feeling that two much of the "subject" is out of focus (DoF too small for this work).

Antonio Correia

Hi, Antonio,
The effect in number 2 is quite good. It is really nice.
In number 1, I have the feeling that two much of the "subject" is out of focus (DoF too small for this work).

:) :)
May be you are right about the so shallow DoF ... May be ...
I accept that critique but the photo is nice, isn't it ?
:)

Mike Shimwell

I much prefer the first. The oof areas in the second picture are quite 'jangly' to me. Really it's the lens and the format, ratehr than the 5D in itself that delivers this sort of bokeh. I think this looks better than the 24-105, and more like the 100 macro in it's oof rendition.

If you look through Fahim's work with the zeiss zf 100 f2, that delviers lovely oof.

Mike

John Sheehy

The 5D clearly has more depth *with* bokeh (I don't equate bokeh with the lack of DOF as at least one other poster has; to me Bokeh is the quality of the blur of OOF areas, with a gaussian blur as a possible optimum), but the quality of the bokeh is better in the G9 image, IMO. The 5D bokeh has more artifacts that suggest motion, and so to me, the 5D background is more distracting, even though it is more OOF.

Antonio Correia

The 5D clearly has more depth *with* bokeh (I don't equate bokeh with the lack of DOF as at least one other poster has; to me Bokeh is the quality of the blur of OOF areas, with a gaussian blur as a possible optimum), but the quality of the bokeh is better in the G9 image, IMO. The 5D bokeh has more artifacts that suggest motion, and so to me, the 5D background is more distracting, even though it is more OOF.

Huumm ... nice explanation.:)

Well, after all it's just a very exquisite way to look at pictures. :) :)