• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Getting to the target audience

Rhys Sage

pro member
I can't seem to post in the business forum so I'll post here...

It has been said that my website and adverts look as if they're by men for men and don't appeal to women. Well, however hard I try I can't make myself think like a woman. Thus I have to ask how I would make my website, business cards and TV adverts more attractive to women.

My website: www.sagephotoworld.com
My TV advert: www.youtube.com/sagephotoworld

My business card (front and back)
2741727577_7ef50f6242.jpg

2742564612_c1b1df95c3.jpg

My old business card (this was a template and I got sick of saying "no. it's not my photo")
2739372338_8e49c2dedc.jpg

I only ordered 300 of the new card. I see already that I need to put my po box and name on it. My next business card might be more interesting. I want to put some macro images on it of wedding rings etc.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Rhys
I have entitled you as a pro member so you can post there now, I have already moved a copy of your above post there…
Now you may see what can do a 2cv at 70 Mph do ! LoL ;-)

Gary Ayala

Well ... having some experience in marketing ... I'd get a focus group of women together and ask them the same question.

Gary

Rhys Sage

pro member
Well ... having some experience in marketing ... I'd get a focus group of women together and ask them the same question.

Gary

I like that idea. I can do that easily with my business card. My website is a little harder - I'm not that great at website construction and use templates. Maybe I need to find a female web designer? Of course - what I need first is some income to pay for it. I was a little disappointed that people thought my TV advert was too masculine. I went to a professional and paid for that!

Josh Blackwood

Personally, I'd say your business card design could use more color, more...oomph!

And please take this as the well-meant honest critique it is; your website could really, really use some work. May I ask why some of your page content is called via frames from another site? Also, the template you are using is...well, it's quite obviously a template, for starters. The content layout, especially in regards to the Packages page, needs cleaning up, the tables defined better (preferably with borders, so as to more clearly differentiate between elements), perhaps some simple images included (after all, an image is worth a thousand words...), etc..

It really wouldn't take that much to make a few changes, I think it could mostly be done in the CSS in fact. Perhaps the addition of a simple contact form on the Contact page would be handy, though; this would allow someone to enter information in the fields (name, number, what they are interested in, etc.) and click a button, and it would immediately be sent to you in an email.

As for it being too masculine, I think that largely refers to two factors: the main color theme of green and white, and the overall simplicity of the layout. The former seems integral, the latter simply needs a little 'spicing up'.

I don't know what time-frame you are looking at for implementing any changes, but send me along a PM if you like; this is what I do. :)

Rhys Sage

pro member
Personally, I'd say your business card design could use more color, more...oomph!

And please take this as the well-meant honest critique it is; your website could really, really use some work. May I ask why some of your page content is called via frames from another site? Also, the template you are using is...well, it's quite obviously a template, for starters. The content layout, especially in regards to the Packages page, needs cleaning up, the tables defined better (preferably with borders, so as to more clearly differentiate between elements), perhaps some simple images included (after all, an image is worth a thousand words...), etc..

It really wouldn't take that much to make a few changes, I think it could mostly be done in the CSS in fact. Perhaps the addition of a simple contact form on the Contact page would be handy, though; this would allow someone to enter information in the fields (name, number, what they are interested in, etc.) and click a button, and it would immediately be sent to you in an email.

As for it being too masculine, I think that largely refers to two factors: the main color theme of green and white, and the overall simplicity of the layout. The former seems integral, the latter simply needs a little 'spicing up'.

I don't know what time-frame you are looking at for implementing any changes, but send me along a PM if you like; this is what I do. :)

It was my first attempt at designing my own business card. The website has gone through many changes and was designed using the Landzilla template for WebsiteBaker.

I'm not that great at html and know nothing about CSS, hence I use a CMS.

The site is framed because it's located on my webspace which hosts all of my websites.