• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pretty with pink!

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
2 from the same shoot as my 1940's pinup, different model, background, and retouched by a PS guru!

Will_Thompson_C_2008_012K5371PSacx.jpg

Will_Thompson_C_2008_012K5372PSacx.jpg

Both EF 50MM f1.2L 1/160 f4.0 ISO 200 1DsMKIII Norman 808M studio pack with LH500 head in Norman X5 22 inch "Beauty Dish" reflector.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Now you're stylin'!

Will -

These are the best I've seen from you. Only thing I might do would be to clean up the hairline a bit but not really necessary.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Will,

Impressive pictures. I'm proud to see this! These are indeed a sign of progress. I like the lighting. You must be charming the lady. In fact this is among the best such pictures anyone has posted who does not a contract with a major client such as Lancome, Vogue or the like. So that's you and your nice work. Now the finishing of the picture.

At first I was really impressed and thought this was a great time saver. However, so far not the right match for your work. The guy who helped with the retouch in photoshop has a lot of talent but not enough care for prime time. The polishing of the skin is quick, not careful and incomplete. As an example that will be immediately obvious, look at the right arm in the second picture. There's a rim of untouched darker skin. Worse, this is where the light should be greatest.

However, you have raised a great subject: use of services to deal with skin issues and so forth. It's not necessarily efficient use of one's time to do this work, although artistically, one can get great satisfaction doing this. However, if one is doing this for a living, you get someone to do it with your own specific directions, requirement and look.

Asher

Last edited:

Cem_Usakligil

...As an example that will be immediately obvious, look at the right arm in the second picture. There's a rim of untouched darker skin. Worse, this is where the light should be greatest....
Hi Asher,

If I'm not mistaken, that "rim" is part of the upper arm showing just behind the forearm. You can see that if you follow the line going down from the shoulder.

Cheers,