• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In print....

janet Smith

pro member
This is the photo that went into the Daily Telegraph recently that Cem asked me to show.

IMG_0006SS.jpg

IMG_0006082308002.jpg

I was very pleased to see it in the Newspaper 1/4 page of a broad sheet, I've had lots of others published but this is the first one I've managed to see, Alamy don't tell you the name of the end user, just the type of media the shot is going to be used in, so it was nice for me to actually get to see one in print, fingers crossed that this will be the first of many with The Telegraph.

Cem_Usakligil

This is the photo that went into the Daily Telegraph recently that Cem asked me to show.

I was very pleased to see it in the Newspaper 1/4 page of a broad sheet, I've had lots of others published but this is the first one I've managed to see, Alamy don't tell you the name of the end user, just the type of media the shot is going to be used in, so it was nice for me to actually get to see one in print, fingers crossed that this will be the first of many with The Telegraph.
Hi Jan,

That is a great story. I did not know that one does not know where his/her images end up when working with the stock agencies. Glad you've caught this one :)

Cheers,

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Kathy & Cem

Thank you for your comments.

Yes Cem I wish the situation were different, but we are only advised of the media type i.e. Travel, gardening, newspaper, magazine, internet etc etc. not the name of the publication, bit of a shame because it would be nice to say to potential clients that you have been published in whatever publication, but the agents have their reasons for operating this way......

Congratulations Jan.

A question. I don't see any photographer's credits with the newspaper photo. Is that normal for that paper, or is it due to the type of Alamy licence you used?

Bart