• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Details of an old building

Antonio Correia

364231061_GKRJ2-L.jpg

364230825_YEtLT-L.jpg

364230380_Fx9Cn-M.jpg

364229866_cunok-M.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
364231061_GKRJ2-L.jpg

Hi Antonio,

I pick the first two as evoking ideas of empty power that has outlasted purpose and life. These to me being to mind existential thoughts of the importance of the strong things we rely on. It may not be them that fail us, rather, life moves on and they cannot move with life.

This picture stands out as having more than just an impression I'd see and walk off never to think of it more. There's some anthromorphioc feeling in the curved elements as if muscles are being flexed. With the weathered patina and decay, it is somewhat defiant. Like an old man guarding his village after the rest of population have moved on.

364230825_YEtLT-L.jpg

The second picture has a similar feeling, as if to see, in spite of time, and there being nothing to guard, I'm still competent to block you access. The stength of the vertical bar, (yet rusted) and the convergence to infinity, suggest being there for a long time. It emphasizes the present and it is devoid of meaning. We have great stength but nothing to guard anymore. The present has no meaning.

Thanks for sharing,

Asher