• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pouring concrete

Antonio Correia

I shot these pictures some days ago under a bright Sun and a clear sky but only today I was able to process them trying to show how harsh the light was.
I was standing on the middle of the iron structure - with working boots - being splashed with drops of concrete from time to time.
I had to keep my distance as I was shooting with the 5D with the 24-70mm.
No damage however on the camera or lens...:thumb
EXIF embedded, just in case you would like to have a look.

On the first photo the vomiting of the concrete from the tube is missing. :cry I do have others to process with it.

One the other, there is a guy behind the main person but I didn't see it in location.:cry
Thank you for watching and ... commenting.:D

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

I like your expression of vomiting of concrete, but frankly, I rather thought it came from the other end! The supports for the framing seem very much ad hoc, so I wonder about earthquake standards. What is this sloped structure for?

What are the tools the man in the second picture is holding with black tubing? Is that to agitate the concrete or deliver it?

Have you done much adjustment to the pictures?

Asher

Antonio Correia

Hello Asher,

Antonio, I like your expression of vomiting of concrete... Asher
You know Asher, when I don't know the right word I just invent and write what comes to my mind. Vomiting was appropriate. LOL

... The supports for the framing seem very much ad hoc, so I wonder about earthquake standards. What is this sloped structure for ?...
The regulations order a certain and precise way to "embrace" - another of those words - get together the iron. In Portugal there are precise rules regarding earthquake prevention.
The irons are as prescribed by the doctor. Oh sorry, by the engineer ! :)
The slope is to be covered with insolation and, at the end, is the roof and the ceiling of the house compartment under.

... What are the tools the man in the second picture is holding with black tubing? Is that to agitate the concrete or deliver it? ...

Yes the tube the guy is holding is for vibrating the concrete as it is poured. As the slab has a slope the concrete is rather thick - not this word - non fluid, and then it has to be vibrated as soon as possible. And it was warm...

... Have you done much adjustment to the pictures?
Asher
At the beginning I thought the photos were completely blow away... spoiled.
But LR makes wonders. There are in fact some small areas of the photo that don't have any detail at all, completely burned out.
But some areas, like the houses at the far end, do have some information and with LR I could get them back.
I made some adjustments yes, darkening a bit the hole scene, the sky/houses and making the faces lighter.
I made the colors more dense applying Saturation.

Thank you for commenting Asher. Most welcome. :)

Antonio Correia

Here I post a last minute photo shot on the same location which I think is interesting. I've just done it. :D
370033798_xPJ8o-L.jpg

I like the fist and the last photo...is this a concreting of roof of a house or a small building? the last one captures a very good working spirit...though it would be best viewed a little bit afar...

Antonio Correia

I like the fist and the last photo...is this a concreting of roof of a house or a small building? the last one captures a very good working spirit...though it would be best viewed a little bit afar...

Hello. It is just a small building...
It could be a little further away yes...
Thank you for commenting. :)