• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from India

Akshay Dashrath

Hello,
My name is Akshay. I'm from Bangalore. I'm just an amatuer photographer(If I could call myself that since I have'nt touched a camera in quite a while :)), I still dont have a DSLR but I used to do a bit of Wildlife(birds) photography a few years with a Nikon F50. I was hoping to rekindle my interest in photography and felt that this was a good place to do it :D.

Regards,
Akshay

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello,
My name is Akshay. I'm from Bangalore. I'm just an amatuer photographer(If I could call myself that since I have'nt touched a camera in quite a while :)), I still dont have a DSLR but I used to do a bit of Wildlife(birds) photography a few years with a Nikon F50. I was hoping to rekindle my interest in photography and felt that this was a good place to do it :D.

Regards,
Akshay

Huh! So you are a Nikon man!!

Well, let me tell you we need you especially with an F50. To me film is very precious.

Digital may be king of the hill now, but film is still one of the greatest media ever made and from it the greatest pictures of all time.

That 1994 F50 still is a perfectly good camera! If you want to undo it yourself try this for a laugh!

That camera boasted "6-segment Matrix Sensor for advanced exposure control and 3D Matrix Metering" with D-/G-type Nikon lenses. That thing has no need for mercury batteries like my Pentax Spotmatic, just standard lithium, so you should be fine. I'd maybe get is cleaned of dust if necessary, but I'd say you're good to go!

Do you have any of you wildlife or other photography still available? Dig out that box of negatives and scan some pictures so we can see what you have! Believe it or not, you could very well have months of work getting great images from what you previously thought were merely O.K.?

Of course, you may be on to a Digital version. Well here you too you'll get ideas.

If you need help, we'll get you going.

We are actually non-denominational here about Nikon v. Canon v. Olympus or anything else. Nikon has a pedigree second to none and some Nikon rangefinder cameras are sought after by collectors even today. The latest Nikon DSLR's stand up well as Professional workhorses and the Nikon glass is stellar, even at wide angles.

A lot to say in greeting just one photographer from Bangalore India, "just an amateur" and a wildlife (bird photographer) to boot!

However you said the magic word, F50 (= film camera + Nikon) so I had to give you more attention than just, "Hi, grab a chair, what have you got to show?" We'll still say that.

So welcome, we’re looking forward to seeing something of India that a tourist might not so easily find!

Asher

Akshay Dashrath

Wow! What a welcome :D

Before the Nikon I was using my moms old Minolta, I seem to have fogotten the name, but I think i was a SLR frmo the 70's, I actually still use the F50 although with all the editing software available and suff a DSLR does seem tempting.

I do have most of the pics I'd taken of birds, as they were a means of identification and proof of the birds I've seen, I'm actually an avid birdwatcher, which got me into photography, went for a basic course first though, that was in 2000 :D

I'd love to post up a few pictures, but I'm rather ashamed to do so, after seeing the quality of the pictures posted on here, mine are truly amateurish or even worse if I may say so, like I said they were mainly a means to id the birds, but this got me interested in photography at first. Will post up a few on the Wildlife forum asap.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Regards,
Akshay

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, no problem with being concerned. You can send the pictures to the moderators of the forum you choose for feedback or else to me. You can use a PM 9or contact form from the front page) and reference the images to the server where they are stored. Just insert the url address of the jpg on that server. You insert the url say http://www.smugmug.com/askhay/2002/bombay/sanjib_2002_02_03_114.jpg

and insert that between
400-500 pixels wide is often all you need!

Asher