• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: The other side of the coin...

fahim mohammed

Life. It has many aspects. Some pretty. Some not so.

p1476073171-6.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Life. It has many aspects. Some pretty. Some not so.

p1476073171-6.jpg

Sad, Fahim that an infant should have a collapsed lung and need a respirator. But hopefully this also means that there is hope in the medical care offered in the most modern hospitals built just in the last 20-30 years!

Is this a Mers infection?

I wish the precious child a speedy recovery!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Cem, Asher...yes it is unfortunate.

Asher, as a normal protocol, the child was placed in isolation and monitored.

Most medical literature ascribes normal levels of genetic inherited diseases or caused by genetic mutations based on an average of case findings. Such findings, while forming crucial baselines, however
need modifications for regional influences..if any.

My son is researching, as part of a presentation and paper, achondroplasia within this region and how it might/might not diverge from published statistical probability of its inheritance.

The patient of course is being managed by experts and expected to lead a ' normal ' life under the circumstances.

But research continues and genetic abnormalities' s detection and engineering is a different subject.

As I wrote sometime ago, we are all the same..but not all the same.