• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: Marble Arch, London

Paul Abbott

...Nic Fiddian Green's 'London Horse' sculpture at Marble Arch, London.

horseheadsleepingman1of1bordered600.jpg

Marble Arch, London '12 - Paul Abbott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
...Nic Fiddian Green's 'London Horse' sculpture at Marble Arch, London.

horseheadsleepingman1of1bordered600.jpg

Marble Arch, London '12 - Paul Abbott

Paul,

Another new sight for me! I am pleased to make acquaintance with this fine horse! At first I thought hit was a humorous tree-trunk cartoon-like sculpture. Then, my brain re-orientated the interpretation and I recognized that this was just the horses head. Remarkable!

Asher

It took me a moment to actually figure out the horse's head as I had the same impression as Asher that it was some sort of tree trunk thing. Everything that is going on behind the lower half of the horse's head kind of obscures it. Once you see it though, you can no longer ignore it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
..............Everything that is going on behind the lower half of the horse's head kind of obscures it. Once you see it though, you can no longer ignore it.

I just wonder how it would look at a much more open aperture. We'd isolate the horse but would we lose signals of the location.... to perhaps not?

Asher

I just wonder how it would look at a much more open aperture. We'd isolate the horse but would we lose signals of the location.... to perhaps not?

Asher

Yes, I was actually thinking the same thing, how to bring it out more. I guess it depends on the intent of the photographer. Showing the sculpture in context of the city was this choice. Using a narrower depth of field, then the image could have been cropped and shown the horse with is mouth just kissing the man relaxing on the ground beneath. Two very different end results.