• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Between art

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I'm one of those people who enter a gallery with my eyes open and my hand under my chin, as if I might be mistaken for someone who knows what they are doing.
Beyond the pictures on the wall and the three dimensional figures is a place I'd rather be. While Christine is busily engaging with the concepts and composition, I'm finding 'art' in between, and with some meagre effort, endeavouring to create my own.
This is not to say I know what art is or how to create it but a gallery does seem a likely place to find it and, possibly, create it.
If I were the type to say so, this might be the very essence of art: the bringing together of all the qualities and ideas in one place. The artists work, the casual lookers and the critics, the space in which they share the visions, and little old me with a thought that something is drawing me to do this; something in me that cannot simply be expressed in words but I must record it in my own way so I, too can continue the process.
But I'm not the type, so I won't say it.

_DSF3167 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

_DSF3168 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

_DSF3171 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

_DSF3159 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Looks like a very inspiring place. I like it when they have a bench in the center of the gallery to allow one to sit and linger, taking it all in! What one is seeing is this and of hours of work and it's so easy to just walk by!

Glad you had fun. You missed the champagne opening then?

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Looks like a very inspiring place. I like it when they have a bench in the center of the gallery to allow one to sit and linger, taking it all in! What one is seeing is this and of hours of work and it's so easy to just walk by!

Glad you had fun. You missed the champagne opening then?

Asher

I keep well away from champagne, Asher. The people drinking it give me a headache.

Asher Kelman

I'm one of those people who enter a gallery with my eyes open and my hand under my chin, as if I might be mistaken for someone who knows what they are doing.
Beyond the pictures on the wall and the three dimensional figures is a place I'd rather be. While Christine is busily engaging with the concepts and composition, I'm finding 'art' in between, and with some meagre effort, endeavouring to create my own.
This is not to say I know what art is or how to create it but a gallery does seem a likely place to find it and, possibly, create it.
If I were the type to say so, this might be the very essence of art: the bringing together of all the qualities and ideas in one place. The artists work, the casual lookers and the critics, the space in which they share the visions, and little old me with a thought that something is drawing me to do this; something in me that cannot simply be expressed in words but I must record it in my own way so I, too can continue the process.
But I'm not the type, so I won't say it.

_DSF3167 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

_DSF3168 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

_DSF3171 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

_DSF3159 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

I do l;ike your pictures, and am appreciative that the "content spammer" who I will fire promptly, cleverly found the word, "Champagne" and so got himself a thread in the WWW to reference back to selling the frothy liquid LOL.

But I do really like the mood and sense of connection and wonder we experience in galleries and even I'm movie theaters when we hare art together. It probably relates to cave-painting times, when we were initiated to a higher rank, and in the candlelight were able to see the horses and antelope moving in the flickering lights or hand held oil soaked torches.

I also do this, even when photography is not allowed as I feel such photography does indeed serve a "higher purpose" and anyway, I tend not to obey such rules.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I do l;ike your pictures, and am appreciative that the "content spammer" who I will fire promptly, cleverly found the word, "Champagne" and so got himself a thread in the WWW to reference back to selling the frothy liquid LOL.

Asher

I thought you'd have been alerted by the name. 'Titulescu', really? It sounds like a pasta name, or at least a sauce. He may as well wear a red T-shirt with the words : "I'm named after a pasta dish and just as smart"
Cheers Asher.
I don't click on the links anyway. They are like wet paint signs. I know what to expect.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

I thought you'd have been alerted by the name. 'Titulescu', really? It sounds like a pasta name, or at least a sauce. He may as well wear a red T-shirt with the words : "I'm named after a pasta dish and just as smart"

Actually a well-known Romanian surname (that is it Romanian is obvious "by inspection" to one who pays any attention to these things).

But some of us are more easily amused than others.

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi, Tom,

Actually a well-known Romanian surname (that is it Romanian is obvious "by inspection" to one who pays any attention to these things).

But some of us are more easily amused than others.

Best regards,

Doug

I thought we were on 'non-speaking terms. Dougie. I was given the order not to mention your name in any correspondence.

What's that about?

Is this a one sided vendetta?

xx

Asher Kelman

I thought we were on 'non-speaking terms. Dougie. I was given the order not to mention your name in any correspondence.

What's that about?

xx

Tom,

Dictators only need to be in charge, not logical.

The fact is I like the pictures of folk actually interested in something an not just getting lost in iPhones and headphones. There is then some hope in a fraction of the population and that's enough for me!

Give us more.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

What's that about?

Dunno. I wasn't given any orders.

Damned good thing.

Best regards,

Doug