• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I do like this kind of work !

Antonio Correia

"Environmental migrants: the last illusion"

Video

Image by Alessandro Grassani

217c3bd97f9a06d42177889e8d227a00_medium.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

The video is definitely an eye-opener. The floods in Bangladesh are killing millions of livestock and forcing formally self-sufficient farmers to be refugees, "environmental refugees, in their own country. They stream into Dacca and compete for employment at a pittance!

Bangladesh floods.jpg

Still from the movie below

"Environmental migrants: the last illusion"

Video

Image by Alessandro Grassani

If anyone doesn't believe in global warming being significant, they need to see this movie.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Antonio ... The video is definitely an eye-opener. The floods in Bangladesh are killing millions ...Asher

I have seen the video when I begun this thread.
News about this issues and other global problems are important for people to read and know.
I often read Spiegel on line and I came to this one about pollution in China.

The other day I was thinking how to show - in photographic terms - the everyday decay we assist in this country when poor and medium class people like myself - are imposed by the Government and the great capital drastic measures taking everyone to misery and imposing emigration to the young.

My Urban Decay images try to recreate this problem.

Thank you Asher for your comment :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have seen the video when I begun this thread.
News about this issues and other global problems are important for people to read and know.
I often read Spiegel on line and I came to this one about pollution in China.

The other day I was thinking how to show - in photographic terms - the everyday decay we assist in this country when poor and medium class people like myself - are imposed by the Government and the great capital drastic measures taking everyone to misery and imposing emigration to the young.

My Urban Decay images try to recreate this problem.

Thank you Asher for your comment :)

Antonio,

I thought I was well-informed about pollution in china but this extent is horrifying. Thanks for the Spiegel link. Excellent source!

Also your series Urban Decay.

Asher