• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Edge of perception - WARNING - ugly, garish colours

Andy brown

My eye and mind were too slow to see the details.
Fortunately the lens can stop the moment for closer inspection.

DSC_0017%20p%20screen%20size_zpsnqexiilz.jpg

DSC_0019%20p%20screen%20size_zps9omwa8kc.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fun, funnel, tunnel?

There is a funnel taking away the water on the last picture? Where is the water going?

Is there a tunnel underneath?

A puzzle indeed!

Asher

Ha! I don't know where the water is going and I really don't care.. the colors looks great and they both make really great abstract images. I like them a lot! :) Maggie

Andy brown

There is a funnel taking away the water on the last picture? Where is the water going?

Is there a tunnel underneath?

A puzzle indeed!

Asher

I pulled the plug!

Asher, the water is going back to the ocean whence it came.
Behind me is a massive rock with waves breaking over it (yes I turned my back on the ocean), in front is a huge red and golden sandstone cliff in the morning light which is reflecting back over the water which is in full shade. An interesting set of colours and textures resulted.
I get a tad frustrated when I look at my results and think about how to do it differently (better) then return and not a single thing is the same or even close.
I feel like I'm often on the cusp of some nice images but come up slightly short every time.

I guess I'm saying I'm frustrated with the results not the process. I still enjoy the process.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My eye and mind were too slow to see the details.
Fortunately the lens can stop the moment for closer inspection.

DSC_0017%20p%20screen%20size_zpsnqexiilz.jpg

DSC_0019%20p%20screen%20size_zps9omwa8kc.jpg

Andy,

You're right, the process of intimacy with the landscape can be a sensual experience in itself. To me, in photography we are sampling only some of the best of it. We will never be satisfied and that's a good thing!

In the meanwhile you have bagged some great trophies here and all without bullets on a safari or putting away your wedding ring!

Asher