• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lomo PO 500-1 2/90mm projection lens in the park

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Lomo PO 500-1 2/90mm very common and not expensive russian projection lens

28467464295_5b340173e3_o.jpg

28184082280_5abc7f8f90_o.jpg

27851184343_deb9475226_o.jpg

28184083320_80d0e91f79_o.jpg

28467461815_f9fb766e40_o.jpg

28434831466_d06f968f26_o.jpg

Andy brown

Cruelty Dr. Klauss, any of us would kill for just one of those lenses of yours. Or at least the know how to make one fit on their camera.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Andy brown

Dr. Klauss, these lenses you find and convert seem to have exceptional resolution and beautiful rendering of light and colour. I know your own technical skills add greatly to this effect, your use of composition and light is quite brilliant and I don't doubt for a second that your post processing skills are also excellent.
What is it about the design or construction of these lenses that makes so good?
Apologies for the naive question.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Dr. Klauss, these lenses you find and convert seem to have exceptional resolution and beautiful rendering of light and colour. I know your own technical skills add greatly to this effect, your use of composition and light is quite brilliant and I don't doubt for a second that your post processing skills are also excellent.
What is it about the design or construction of these lenses that makes so good?
Apologies for the naive question.

Their high resolution actually, up to some 100lpm and some rare ones even up to 500lpm.
Most designs are double gauss designs and were very well computed for highest sharpness
and contrast.

Andy brown

So, would it be feasible to attach one of these lenses to an extension tube and do macro?

How does 100lpm compare with, say a Nikon or Canon 50 mm prime lens?