• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Looking at Los Angeles and Surounding Communities: Los Angeles

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The Interstate 10 Freeway takes one from the Pacific Ocean on the West Coast inland across Los Angeles County, to Orange county and beyond.

Millions of commuters travel each way every day going and coming to work and getting their business done in the Greater Los Angeles Area. About 14 million people live withing 12 miles of the City Center, blending with many smaller municipalities. Some have their own police. Some rely on a system of mobiles Sherifs and while on the Freeways, the law is the "Highway Patrol"!

From the Freeway, one can see the gems of the new architecture of downtown Los Angeles.

Los Angeles from 10 freeway 600 pixel[Group 15]-_MG_0566__MG_0568-3 images_0000.jpg

Asher Kelman: Los Angeles city Skyline from I-10

Canon 6D 24-105 L f4.0 4 shots stitched with Autopano Giga
Photoshop CC 2017 and Topaz Clarity

More to come!

Asher

Asher Kelman

On the other side of the Interstate 10 Freeway, returning home, going West towards the ocean, there is the Bob Hope Patriotic Hall, with a giant hand painted fresco of pioneers.

Bob Hope Patriotic Hall is a 10-story building that was dedicated as Patriotic Hall by the Los Angeles Board of Supervisors in 1925 and was built to serve veterans of Indian Wars, Spanish–American War, World War I and to support the Grand Army of the Republic. It serves as the home of the Los Angeles County Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. Patriotic hall was rededicated to honor of Bob Hope and renamed "Bob Hope Patriotic Hall" on November 12, 2004.[Wikipedia]

To the right is a Staples megastore for office and school supplies. To the left is the brick building of Chinese automaker BYD, which in the past 5 years has secured millions of dollars in orders for electrical buses with various state agencies.

_MG_0576_Bob hope Patriotic Hall 600.jpg

Asher Kelman: Bob Hope Patriotic Hall, Los Angeles
From the Interstate 10 Freeway

Canon 6D Mark 1 24-105 L f4.5
Photoshop with Topaz Clarity from Camera JPG

Note that the flag is at half mast, indicated that likely a police officer or Highway Patrol officer lost his/her life. That's what the state does.

Enjoy,

Asher

Asher Kelman

Fahim,

These are JPGS, compressed a tad and only 600 pixels across. I could post larger images. Were you trying to look at them closer.

Asher

Asher Kelman

I will redo them! ? ..........

Here:

[Group 18]-_MG_0566__MG_0571-4 images_1200.jpg

Asher Kelman: Downtown Los Angeles from the Interstate 10 Freeway going East
Canon 6D I 24-105 L 4.0
4 shots with cars masked in Photoshop 2017
Stitched in Autopano Giga
Topaz Clarity

Asher