• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Camdapter(TM) Hand Straps and Camera Plates

James Garavuso

Camdapter(TM) camera plates are designed for those photographers that like the comfort and security of a hand strap, but prefer not to add a battery grip to their camera. They allow the user to attach both a hand strap (either a Camdapter hand strap or your Canon E1) and a neck strap to their camera for maximum versatility. Additionally, when installed, Camdapter camera plates allow full access to your camera battery compartment. Each satin black anodized Camdapter camera plate is machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum and assembled with stainless steel screws and dowel pins.

IMG_0755_1_1.JPG
IMG_0750_1_1_4_1.JPG

Camdapter camera plates are available to fit virtually every popular digital SLR and models are available to fit Arca Swiss and Manfrotto(TM) QR clamps.

The addition of a Camdapter hand strap provides photographers with a complete hand strap solution.

IMG_2325_1_1.JPG

Camdapter hand straps are available in either soft Kidskin or heavier Top Grain leather, secured with one continuous piece of 3/8" Nylon webbing with a heavy duty Nylon sliplock. The unique design spreads the load across a wide area of your hand, allowing the strap to be constructed without bulky padding found in other camera hand straps. These hand straps are comfortable, easily installed and they stay in place after you adjust them.

Camdapter hand straps will also fit on cameras using battery grips (as long as there is a strap lug) and also on pro bodies like the Canon EOS 1Ds MkII.

For more information please visit http://www.camdapter.com

email-sig6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

James Garavuso

I also have some limited edition leather hand straps made in some nice Brown Deerskin, as well as mauve and also blue Top grain leather, and genuine python skin. I will also consider special requests.

IMG_2300_7_5_1_1_1.JPG
IMG_2474_1_1.JPG

Please feel free to contact me at: jim@camdapter.com

email-sig6.jpg

I don't call three posts in seven months spam. Check the posting dates. His recent post just brought the thread alive again.

This is a good product, I use one on my 30D.

Diane Fields

I like them too......

I had a Camdaptor for my 20D when I took off the grip and then used it on the 5D. When I got my L bracket for the 5D I took the grip off the 10D (the 'backup' body I kept) and put the Camdaptor on it. Excellent design--I just needed the L bracket/plate. Highly recommended.

Diane

Steve Saunders

Diane, does the bottom plate stay in position or can it swivel about? I had a cheapo EBay one that use to swivel and I didn't like that, I'm wondering if the Camdaptor plate stays where you want it to.

Camdapter plate

Diane, does the bottom plate stay in position or can it swivel about? I had a cheapo EBay one that use to swivel and I didn't like that, I'm wondering if the Camdaptor plate stays where you want it to.

I find that the bottom plate stays put much better than the cheap one I had previously. The Camdapter plate screws in with an allen screw. There is a new, separate hole in the plate for the tripod screw, should you need it.

On the old adapter I had, the camera would droop when in portrait mode on the tripod, due to the plate being loose on the camera body. With the Camdapter plate, it does not move.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm remiss in putting my review online. Without hesitation this is one of the best additions to a professional camera.

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I have the Camadapter strap and plate - best thing I've ever put on a camera. Had it on the 20D and moved it to the 5d. I am not fond of neckstraps (although I do use them some of the time) but the Camadapter helps make the camera a part of my hand and makes it easier to shoot. The tripod plate is also excellent.

James Garavuso

New! Camdapter(TM) CamStrap - Fits any camera

Camdapter(TM) has released the newest in its line of ergonomically designed hand straps. Called the CamStrap, this unique hand strap will fit on virtually any camera, from DSLR size on down. Especially useful for users who want the security of a hand strap without the bulk of many current designs. This Top grain leather hand strap comes complete with a reversible mounting plate. One continuous length of nylon webbing provides a secure and fully adjustable fit (available in two sizes) for virtually any size hand.

Visit: http://www.camdapter.com/products-strap_camstrap.html

please email me if you have any additional questions!

Jim Garavuso
http://www.camdapter.com

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Camdapter(TM) has released the newest in its line of ergonomically designed hand straps. Called the CamStrap, this unique hand strap will fit on virtually any camera, from DSLR size on down. Especially useful for users who want the security of a hand strap without the bulk of many current designs. This Top grain leather hand strap comes complete with a reversible mounting plate. One continuous length of nylon webbing provides a secure and fully adjustable fit (available in two sizes) for virtually any size hand.
Visit: http://www.camdapter.com/products-strap_camstrap.html

please email me if you have any additional questions!
http://www.camdapter.com

The Camdapter CamStrap

img_4062.png

I have been tardy in publishing my full review of James' CamAdapter series of straps. these are a must for fast work and convenient holding.

If he was here I'd give James a hug!

Asher