• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nice free online backup (2GB+)

One of the latest issues of the PC Mag featured several dozens productivity boosters and otherwise nice tools. Among them was one I particularly liked a lot: an online backup system from Berkeley Data Systems called Mozy (clients for both PC and Mac).

The free version gives you 2GB (!) of the online backup space to start with, which can be extended should you refer more friends. There is also a commercial version. In any case rather strong encryption is guaranteed (standard or custom).

Installation process is nice and easy (depending a bit on your connection speed, and the CPU power). I have chosen the Expert mode at the end and added most of my development stuff, which still left me with ~700Mb under the initial quota.

You can also choose when it does its thing, throttle the bandwidth, etc.

The whole setup took me probably 10 minutes tops, most of which was waiting when it was doing initial configration and analysis.

All in all, I like it a lot. Highly recommended!

PS.
My referral code is MHLU66 in case you want to use one :).
Or you can simply click this link:
https://mozy.com/?ref=MHLU66 to get started